Friday 28 May 2010

Tanning Solutions

Like a true blogger, I've chosen to write this post as a review for some self-tanning products I've been trying out.

Now I'm starting to wear some of my Lovely Summer Dresses, I've been preparing to Bare The Flesh. This is a product I've always sworn by:

It's St. Tropez's Self Tanning Lotion, available at Boots for £30 (at the moment it's on offer at £27). I know it's a little pricey, but it's soooo worth it. For me, this product is a true
10/10.


I've had mine for three years now and you only need such teeny tiny amounts when applying it; my bottle is well over half full. Seriously, a pea sized amount will easily cover an entire calf.

I apply it by beginning with clean, exfoliated skin. Moisturise and apply a small amount of St. Tropez for a natural looking tan.

If you can't fork out quite so much, then my mum has recently made a discovery.



This is St. Moritz's Tanning Mousse. It's RRP is £9.99 but you can get it for around £3.99 in a lot of bargain stores around the UK, or online. I have to say for its price it's pretty decent. I'd give it
7/10.


My mum's Beautician suggested applying this product in the morning on exfoliated and moisturised skin, allowing to dry throughout the day and applying another layer of moisturiser on top before bed, and rinsing in the morning.

However I did this, and it went very slightly patchy around my feet and knees after showering so I ended up applying another thin layer of tan this morning to fix it (I don't have a good exfoliator with me or I would have been tempted to start again).

If you want a quick fix, St. Moritz is a slightly thicker substance than St. Tropez and actually has quicker results - it browns a lot faster and again, a little goes a long way. St. Tropez is more effective if you want to build up your tan over two or three days and I have to say, having a little more patience pays off because it's much better quality and has no streaks at all, even after showering.

Much love,

Emma

x x x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's really cool! I needed so much some advises to take care of my hair! Thank u !
    Congratulations for your blog, it's really nice! Now I follow u on bloglovin, i hope u'll follow me too ;D . See u soon
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete